Welcome to the Creeting St Peter Parish Website
It is intended that this site will provide information about the Parish of Creeting St Peter to both residents and visitors.
If you have information that you feel would be both interesting and helpful about the Parish's past (both recent and historical), or information about events and activities that are either planned to have already taken place, or about public services, please contact the -Webmaster
To report any power cuts and damaged lines on free helplines, please refer customers to the following numbers: In the South East call 0800 783 8866 and in the East of England call 0800 783 8838. You can also see www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk and follow the company on twitter for updates @ukpowernetworks.
Preparing for a power cut
Below is some advice on how our customers can prepare for a power cut:
- Keep our freephone number handy
- See the website for some useful videos offering you advice during a power cut.
- Keep spare batteries for radios and torches — local radio stations often broadcast helpful information
- Keep an old-fashioned corded phone which you can plug in, as cordless phones won’t work in the event of a power cut
- Dress warmly in several layers of clothing, stay in one room or even get into bed
- Take care if using candles, tea-lights and other naked flames
- Keep fridges and freezers closed, with a blanket over as they will stay cold for many hours
- Switch off all your electrical equipment, except one light which will let you know when the power comes back on
- Remember the street lights may also be off so take care if you go out
- Look out for elderly neighbours; please consider taking them round a flask of hot water or hot food